Monday, October 19, 2015

Doug - Forward 19 September 2015

Jon,

My thoughts on the Forward,

It was interesting to me that C.S.  Lewis fought in world war 1 and this book is what he broadcast to the soldiers during the war.   I liked the quote.   "God is aware of the wretched machine you are trying to drive".   and only asks that you keep on doing the best you can.   I liked his thoughts about how the great religious struggle is not fought a big battlefield but the ordinary human heart.   Reminds me of Hugh b.  Brown warnings to the youth to keep our hearts clean.     " we must decide what type of immortal we wish to be.  I also liked his thoughts about when we look at each other as immortal souls we will transform our lives in which evil diminishes and good prevails.   

No comments:

Post a Comment